Sunday, May 12, 2013

DD #52, CAS-ual Fridays #100 and CASE Study #140


 Happy Mother's Day! I hope all the mom's are having a wonderful day. My day was pretty quiet, met my mom and sister for lunch at Frankie, Johnnie and Luigi's and had a wonderful time and then the rest of the day was mine to play in my craft room. Dwight and Ashleigh are watching movies and I have reruns of I Love Lucy on, it does not get too much better than that.  I have 3 cards to share with you today. My first card is for this weeks Dynamic Duo's challenge, they are celebrating their one year anniversary and you can select any of their past color combinations for your card. I choose Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive for my colors and once again I pulled out some stamps that have not seen any ink, so much fun using Garden Variety!


For my second card I made one more for the 100th challenge for CAS-ual Fridays. It was a quick and easy card and I love these sweet little ice cream cones I found at Micheal's.  I used the three squares down the left side, Polka Dots, Square Card and Birthday.



My final card is a first for me, playing with CASE Study. The colors are not ones I generally use but I really love what Maile made, her style is simply beautiful so I thought I would give it a try. This was a quick and easy card to make too and I was not even going to post it but then I thought, why not. So here it is. Thank you so much for taking time to stop by to peek at my cards....have a wonderful day!



Ingredients - All Papertrey Ink unless listed
 Dynamic Duo
Solid Card Stock: Rustic White and Scarlet Jewel
Patterned Paper: Ripe Avocado
Stamps: Garden Variety, Day Dreamer and Beautiful Butterflies
Dies: Seed Packet and Looped Border
Ink: Ripe Avocado and Scarlet Jewel
CAS-ual Fridays
Solid Card Stock: White
Ink: New Leaf
Embossing Folder: Sizzix - Polka Dots
Dies: Bountiful Borders
Ice Creams Cones: Michael's
CASE Study
Solid Card Stock: Kraft
Patterned Paper: Dear Jane
Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies
Ribbon: Britex
Bling and Roses: My Stash
Die: Scallop Border

18 comments :

  1. Kim, your day sounds like a perfect Mother's Day day...doing what you love to do, but eating with loved ones too! I love all your cards...the colors for DD are fabulous...so fun to pull out oldy but goody stamps that have been collecting dust! And your card that you cased from Maile is fabulous! so glad you decided to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful cards!The first one is darling and the second has me sighing with the pretty text background and gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Kim you rocked all three challenges. Your Dynamic Duos turned out fabulous, I love how you used the seed packet with Daydreamer. Those ice cream cones are too cute and your CASE Study is really gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you were certainly productive today, and you have three incredible cards to show for it. I absolutely love how you combined Garden Variety with Day Dreamer, and I am pinning that card right this instant. Your CAS-Fridays card is so sweet, and that layout is perfect--can be used again for almost any occasion, and your CASE Study card is just elegant and beautiful. You definitely should play that one more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were challenging Joyce today with your post, Kim, having all these stunning cards in one viewing! I'm gobsmacked! Each card is so perfect for the particular challenge! What an ideal crafty Mother's Day you had!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you go girl!! so many great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three cards are marvelous. I especially love your little ice cream cone card. You've nailed all three challenges perfectly. Really great cards Kim! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a fun time! All three cards are beautiful. I love the Garden Variety card...so glad Joyce said you used Day Dreamer for the flowers...that was a really good idea! Your ice cream cones look good enough to eat and it was so hot here yesterday, they would have been the perfect treat. I especially love your Case Study card...that kraft, black and white combo is so elegant with the script paper and roses. You nailed Maile's card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three are beautiful - you have been very busy and each so different - great way to show off your style - I think you can do just about anything Kim! I enjoyed reading your post too - sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the floral seed packet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Kim! Loving your Rich Razzleberry/Old Olive creation and the Art Nouveau (I think it's Art Nouveau??)styling on that stamp....great work! Thanks for joining us for Dynamic Duos fun this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - you're on one heck of a creative roll!

    I can't believe that you were thinking about not posting your card that was inspired by the amazing Maile...it is stunning! Love the sweet wee ice cream cones with colors that make me smile! And last but certainly not least, your drop dead gorgeous Dynamic Duo card made me gasp out loud! Your attention to detail on this card is amazing - so very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards! I love the last one with the bling - gorgeous!
    Thanks for studying with us this week on CASE Study!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All are fabulous and I love the different styles! Wonderful colors on your DD card and those flowers look fantastic! The ice cream cones are such fun and your CASE Study card is gorgeous! It is so beautifully done. I think it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful day you had, Kim ... all the ingredients that make up a perfect recipe! Such variety and charm in all these cards, fantastic detail on the first, fun and fresh (and yummy!) on the ice cream cones, and gentle and elegant on the third ... just lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had a fun Mother's Day, Kim! I love all of your fabulous cards. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful cards!!!
    Thanks for joining our 100th CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, all great cards, Kim! Love those ice cream cones you found with the cherry stem. So glad you joined the big celebration at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete