Thursday, July 26, 2012

Papertrey Ink's Stamp-A-Faire 2012

Wow....this was just way too much fun!  I had a blast this past Saturday hanging out with some PTI forum friends or as one of Joyce's daughter would say and real live friends and not imaginary ones.  I was able to spend the day with Joyce Mehrberg and Cathy Weber and we spent as much time chatting and laughing as we did crafting.  I flew to San Diego and Joyce was sweet enough to pick me up from the airport and let me stay with her wonderful family. Joyce is just the sweetest hostess, her husband prepared a fabulous meal for us on Friday night and she even made the best cinnamon scones for a little tea party Saturday afternoon.  Everything about the day was perfect, except I wish Cathy could have stayed longer.  Joyce took us on a tour of her wonderful and scenic town, to live so close to the Pacific Ocean...wow, just so beautiful and breath taking.
We spent the day watching video's, crafting and even burning ribbon for one of the techniques.  It was just too funny and Joyce came up with a back up plan after the ribbon burning did not turn out anything other than burnt ribbon! It was just too funny...I know Joyce has a picture of that little experiment to share on her blog.  I made 6 cards by the end of the day and that was 6 more cards than I thought I would get made.  Joyce was sweet enough to set up her daughters lap top so that we would be able to Skype Tracey McNeely from Canada what a doll, I have to say that was one of the days highlights.  

Here are few pictures from our day.....
Cardiff by the Sea - This is their town statue and depending on what is happening it gets a new look. Friday when I arrived it was dressed like a baby boy, complete with diaper and blue and white balloons. 

Surfers

 Cathy Weber, Joyce Mehrberg and me.  We found a sweet guy that took our picture and made sure to get the ocean and palm trees in the background.

We all made goodie bags of some sort for each other but since I was flying, I had to take mine apart for packing.  Cathy had a strawberry theme going complete with the most adorable strawberry basket (it holds my bling on my craft desk) and Joyce gave us a sampling of her favorite supplies...fabulous pens, paper pad with matching brads and glow in the dark embossing powder.  I had the time of my life, it was so much fun hanging out with these 2 incredibly talented ladies.  Joyce, thank you again for being so sweet and kind, I loved every minute of our SAF event.

9 comments :

  1. Too bad we couldn't Skype me into that picture. Skyping on the laptop Saturday was a a highlight for me too but it was obvious you ladies were having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had as much fun as I did. Just seeing your pictures reminded me of our good times, and I can't wait until next year's Stamp a Faire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, Kim!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim it sounds awesome!!! I just knew Joyce sounded like the sweetest person online, I had no doubt she would be just as awesome in person :) I can't wait to see this pic about the ribbon, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like so much fun! Wonderful place to get together too, I love that town statue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you guys had such a good time!! Thanks for sharing your memeories with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love to see what the Cardiff Kook is up to! :) It was Pride weekend in San Diego for SAF so I'm glad to see he was dressed for the festivities! You gals look like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a blast too Kim, it was such fun to read your little recap of our day this morning. I am going to frame my copy of that picture and put it in my craftroom to remember the day!

    ReplyDelete