Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thank you for being a friend....

Anyone know the TV show that has this line in their theme song? It's the Golden Girls and I have to admit I love watching the reruns, it also happens to be one of my mom's favorite shows too. After I finished Ashleigh's Dr. Who cross stitch I started right in on my mom's...it's one of her Christmas gifts so I needed to get started on it right away.  So no card making the last couple of days, just stitch, stitch, stitch! I have to admit that I did take a bit of a break last night and met my sister to see the new Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn Part 2...what an amazing movie, well at least in my opinion but then I happen to like all of the movies, read all of the books and even took a trip to Washington and Oregon to do the Twilight movie tour, self guided with Ashleigh and my sister. Too much fun! Any way, back to my cross stitch...this one was much quicker to stitch than Dr. Who but just as much fun to see all of the characters come to life on the fabric. Now that the Golden Girls is completed I started on the last one I plan to make as a Christmas gift, this one is Star Trek...Be sure to check out Wee Little Stitches and see all of the wonderful things you too can make.
Thanks for taking a peek!


6 comments :

  1. Fantastic Kim, yes I remember watching the Golden Girls well. Funny funny show! I love Betty White. Your cross stitch is just amazing, what patience you have. I went to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 on Friday night 11:00 show with my girlfriends--like a bunch of teenagers. he ha ha I loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this cross stitch is just way too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! I used to crossstitch in my youger days! My eyes are too old for it now. So sad! BUT I {heart} your design - and your Mom will just love it! So adorable!! It made me stop, take a deep breath, and think for a moment how very fortunate I am to have such good friends!! Truly. Thanks for the moment of gratitude this morning - I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun and special gift. Glad you enjoyed the film.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you would be there!! :)
    I know you had fun...
    but isn't it sad too...
    the last?
    I cried like a baby at the last HP!
    But another fabulous gift...
    these are incredible and will be such treasured gifts!
    And yes...remember The Girls...
    I want to be like Sophia when I'm old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the golden girls. before i was married i had a roommate, Cindy. she and i would watch gg reruns and crack up. such and unappreciated show:) love your cross stitch!!

    ReplyDelete