Friday, April 26, 2013

Happy Friday!


Edited: Thanks for Geri for the heads up that my watercolor card will fit in the current Moxie Fab challenge, Wonder Watercolor World.   Thank you so much Geri!
Just popping in for a quick post at the end of a fun day...met my daughter for lunch at our favorite taquaria, The Tortilla Factory in Newark, it is an amazing little market/restaurant.  My first card is one more using the beautiful flowers that Joyce from Cards-by-the-Sea sent me from The Cutting Garden stamp set from PTI, in fact all of my cards tonight are made using the fabulous supplies she sent.  I will also be entering these in this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamps Anything Goes



 My next 2 cards are made from heat embossed images and then water colored. These tulips are simply amazing, so beautiful.  What a fun technique to try out too. The pink tulips are using paint brush dipped in water and then on the ink pad, the red one is from using a reinker with water and a paint brush. I love the look of the water coloring and is really was very easy to do. A fun way to color an image without having all those pens that I really don't need, right? Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by to peek at my cards....have a wonderful weekend!



Ingredients - All Papertrey Ink unless listed
Cutting Garden
Solid Card Stock: White and Winter Wisteria
Patterned Paper: Winter Wisteria and Royal Velvet
Dies: Lil Inkers - Polaroid Frame and MFT Fishtail Flags
Ink: Winter Wisteria
The Cutting Garden - Joyce, thanks

Watercolor Tulips
Solid Card Stock: Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz and White
Bling: Stash
Ink: SU - Real Red reinker and Raspberry Fizz and New Leaf
Stamps: Dress Form
Stamped Images: Joyce, thanks

12 comments :

  1. Wow--these are all so beautiful. I think I will send lots of stuff to you, and you can put all the work into making them into fabulous cards--deal? I love what you have done with Cutting Garden--you are giving me lots of good ideas. And, I can't believe you have never water colored before, because your cards are perfect. And, the font on those sentiments is perfect for those images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim your cards are gorgeous! I am loving your Cutting Garden flowers in the Winter Wisteria. You have made me want those stamps now. Now your watercolouring is beautiful and I am so glad you gave it a go, isn't it so fun? You tulips love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...
    all of them!
    Love the purples of the first one...
    and I'm not much of a purple person but those look so good!
    And your tulips are gorgeous...
    love the CAS of both of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are drop dead gorgeous cards. Those flowers just seem to jump off the card on your first one and I adore your tulip cards. The watercoloring looks fabulous and the tulips really take center stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Gosh. These are absolutely gorgeous. I love your tulips and how you've watercolored them so beautifully. I'm in awe of your talent--it's one of those techniques I cannot master, but appreciate the abilities of others. Your cards are incredible. Love them. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning rose cards, Kim! Brilliant way to do them, too! And I love how you've showcased the wonderful purple flowers that Joyce sent to you, both in Friday's post and Thursday's! Well done!! (You know purple goes great with lime green!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards Kim and I love the water colouring :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...these are stunning! The two different coloring techniques on the tulip cards are gorgeous! Such a beautiful soft look that coloring couldn't duplicate. BTW, the tulip beauties would qualify for the Moxie Fab World watercolor challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geri, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for the heads up today...another one of the reasons that I love blogging, so many amazing friends to help inspire you and keep you on task.

      Delete
  9. I love, love water coloring images that have been embossed! It just seems easier to me. These are all gorgeous! Love the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kim! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete