Monday, September 16, 2013

Dynamic Duo's #70 and Curtain Call - Sunflower Surprise and just for fun...


I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend...mine was pretty quiet, made cards with my mom on Saturday and lunch with friends on Sunday and lots and lots of crafting time.  My card for today is for 2 challenges, Dynamic Duo's #70 and Curtain Call - Sunflowers...I am so happy that I had a sunflower set! I used last week's Muse card design to make my card, I fell in love with it but did not have the time to make a card to play with so I am using it now. My second card is just for fun. I love Halloween and one of Ashleigh's friends loves it as much as I do so I have to make a special card just for her.  The stamp I used is the only stamp from Wanda's Pantry that I have never inked up so it was fun.  I even had Ashleigh ink her fingers with VersaMark ink and put some red embossed powder to give the look of bloody finger prints (thanks Renee for the idea).  Hope she likes it. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by to peek at my card....have a fabulous week.




Ingredients - All Papertrey Ink unless listed
Sunflower
Solid Card Stock: White
Patterned Paper: Lemon Tart and Spring Moss
Stamps: Sunflower and Bigger Blooms
Dies: Sunflower
Ink: Lemon Tart and Spring Moss and VersaFine - Vintage Sepia
Sequins: Neat & Tangled
Vampire
Solid Card Stock: White and Black
Patterned Paper: Thanks Renee
Stamps: WM - Wanda's Pantry
Ink: VersaFine - Black
Ribbon: Black and Pure Poppy
Stick Pins: Thanks Jeanne

24 comments :

  1. Oh, wow. These are just fabulous cards. I really love the first one--that Muse sketch is terrific, and you were so smart to use it with the sunflowers. And, who wouldn't like a card with bloody fingerprints on it? Of course. How fun to make a card just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards Kim! Love what you did with the border on your sunflower card...two patterns!! So simple, and so darn clever! And bloody finger prints????!!! I can see that I'm going to have to 'borrow' that technique at some point. Fantastic Halloween card. Great designs on both. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kim both of these are gorgeous!!
    I love the layout of the first one...
    so perfect for those blooms!
    And I LOVE Wanda's Pantry...
    the coolest Halloween set...
    while just for right now because Claire has SO many cool Halloween sets...
    I just love them all!
    And those bloody fingerprints...
    I think I got the idea from Claire...
    but they just WORK don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, those are both fabulous cards...love the design with your first card...and how clever of you to use sticky fingers for your next card...delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always so eye-catching, Kim! I truly love the sunflower card--great use of the MUSE sketch. I liked that card, too, & didn't get to play but will keep it in mind to use now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that layout of the first card and I need to remember to use my sunflower stamps and dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those sunflowers rock!!! awesome cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sunflowers! The colors, design...what a happy card! And the Halloween card is awesome-wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim your cards are both fabulous. Love your take on the sunflower and love that you used the Muse design. Now your Halloween card is spooky fun and love Ashleigh's addition to the card!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos and at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful muted colors on the sunflowers! The soft color is the perfect compliment to the bolder yellow that you used on the bottom of the card! Sweet bling too!

    The vampire card....how perfectly spooky! The vibrant red accents totally play into the theme of your card! Gorgeous bow treatment - love the stick pins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sunflower card is so pretty. Love the angled panel!
    Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sunflower card is ever so sweet. I love the shape you have used for the design, lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those sunflowers are just stunning Kim ... I love the colours and patterns ... and especially those yummy sequins! Now, the halloween card ... scary, spooky and elegant at the same time ... that bow is amazing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Think I said it before Kim......you are on a roll! Love these cards! Love that shape of the sunflower card.
    I LOVE Halloween too!
    Your card is very creepy with the blood o. It...in a good way ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards! Love the sunflowers on the first card and second card with fab with bold color and design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great layout for the sunflowers! They look fabulous with the polka dots and sequin accents! And your Halloween card is ghouly awesome--bloody prints!!--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim, the sunflower card is sooooooo pretty & perfect!!! The layout & the sequins -- awesome!!!

    Your Halloween is equal parts cool & creepy !!! Just the effect you were going for!!!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the angled design on your sunflower card!
    So glad you could join us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What lovely cards, Kim! love the delicate flowers on your Sunflower Surprise creation! thanks so much for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such great cards, Kim. The sunflowers card is so pretty and I love the design. Such a cute Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kim your Dynamic Duos card is fabulous! I love it! Your halloween card has me giggling - bloody fingerprints? Fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What wonderful cards, dearie!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's quite a contrast in cards!! I love your sweet sunflowers with the simple gingham. And the bloody fingerprints is a fantastic idea! Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete