Monday, October 24, 2011

Week of Rock and Roll!

Did not get much crafting done with weekend but did take in a bit of music.  My daughter, Ashleigh gave my husband and I tickets to see the Foo Fighters for our 20th anniversary and I had a blast (Ashleigh went too and got the set list)! My husband is more into jazz and does not like what he calls "yelling", but I do have to say it was one of the best concerts I have been to! We went last Wednesday and rocked the night away for 4 and 1/2 hours. I have a secret crush on the drummer, Taylor Hawkins, he is just too adorable.

Taylor Hawkins
Dave Grohl

Then on Sunday Ashleigh and I went to Shoreline in Mt. View for another concert.  We went to the 25th Annual Bridge School Benefit and what a show! The concert started at 2pm and ended at 11pm and was non-stop big music stars from start to finish.  We saw the Foo Fighters again, Arcade Fire, Tony Bennet, Mumford and Sons, Carlos Santana, Beck, Nora Jones, Neil Young and many more.  This was an early Christmas gift from Ashleigh to me and it was so much fun and for a great cause too. 

The Bridge School is a special school started by Neil Young and his wife Pegi for children with special needs and they have this concert every year as a fund raiser.  100% of the proceeds for the show go right to the school so how can you miss, great music for a wonderful group of children.  Here are a few pictures from the night.

Bridge School Children

Beck

Foo Fighters

Mumford and Sons

Neil Young

Thanks for taking a peek into my week of music.

No comments :

Post a Comment