Sunday, December 4, 2011

First Quilt Top

I've been so busy playing Santa's elf...decorating our tree and home, baking, making cards, aprons and a few quilts too.  Here is a picture of my first quilt (well actually my second quilt, the first quilt I made was a birthday gift for my sister and it was a Twilight quilt), but just the top.  I have two more to make for Christmas gifts and will enclose a note asking for the quilt top back and return it after the new year when I have more time to machine quilt it.  This quilt pattern is called  Hopscotch Pips and I used Tinkerbell fabric. I am making it for one of Ashleigh's friends mom. Thanks for taking a peek!

3 comments :

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors. Don't tell me you sewed this entire thing. No hot glue gun at all? I'm blown away. It looks pretty large. I'm sure your friend will love it. Now I can see why you haven't had that much time for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this quilt top Kim!!! and great idea to give the top now and quilt later...may have to do this with some of mine this month.

    ReplyDelete