Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Make It Monday #50 Shaker Card

I haven't made a shaker card or embellishment in so long...this really brought back some fun memories for me.  Several years ago when I was scarpbooking and this was the new trend, my friends and I would try and come up with some pretty wild ideas for shaker boxes and what a mess did they make! Glitter, sparkles and confetti everywhere but it was fun...so night before last I could not sleep so I was up at 3:30am and working on my card and this is what I ended up making. So instead of using glitter or confetti I oped for buttons and I am very happy with the way it turned out.  Thanks for taking a peek!


Ingredients
Solid Card Stock: PTI - Pure Poppy and White
Printed Paper: PTI - Simple Valentine
Dies: PTI - Filigree Border, Doilies, Heart and Spiral Notebook
Stamps: PTI - Love and Marriage and Think Big Favorites #11
Embossing Powder
Buttons: PTI - Pure Poppy and Hibiscus Burst
Rose: Prima

10 comments :

  1. Hi Kim, your shaker card is just beautiful and what a good idea to use the buttons. This is put together so well , I love all of it! Great way to use the note card die , I love that die but don't use it enough! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....Lindo este cartão vermelho e com coraçõese tantas coisas lindas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent valentine. I love that you used buttons as your shakey-thing. I can't wait to watch this video and try this myself. Yours looks very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is classy and elegant and beautiful! Super girly and lovey... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!!
    Love how you cut the hearts on the doily...
    and there's buttons inside!! :)
    The paper...
    the elements...
    that rose...
    a truly gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! So full of pizazz with the doily front , heart shaped opening and the buttons inside the shaker. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card--love your papers and those fantastic die cuts! Great idea to cut the hearts out of the doily & use buttons for a filler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card. So dainty & feminine. Love the idea of buttons & hearts for the window.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Kim, I love that you filled your shaker with buttons!

    ReplyDelete