Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Papertrey Ink - MIM #90 - Creating Focal Point Sentiments with Stamps and Dies


It really feels like it has been month's since I have just sat down to make a card/project for a challenge blog...I won't bore you with all of the details but I have had the worst cold/bug ever and it lasted for 3 weeks, but now I am just about back to feeling 100% human again so let the crafting begin!  I decided to make something for this week's Papertrey Ink's MIM...I loved the idea of using my alphabet dies too. I don't pull them out often enough, they can be so much fun and the possibilities are endless.  Instead of making a card I decided to make a note pad cover.  I used the handmade strawberry that Cathy from Empty Nest Crafter gave me, these little guys have been hanging out on my craft desk for some time just begging to be used and seeing the strawberry gave me the idea for the note pad.
I purchased a bunch of these cute little note pads from PTI some time ago and they can be so quick and easy to put together and really make a fun little gift.


Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a peek at my little project today!
Ingredients
Solid Card Stock: PTI - White and Pure Poppy
Patterned Paper: PTI - Frutti Tutti and 2008 Bitty Dot Basics
Dies: PTI - Alphabet
Ribbon: PTI - Pure Poppy and Simply Chartreuse
Stamps: PTI - Take Note
Strawberry: Cathy Weber



11 comments :

  1. Oh, so cute! Just adorable! So glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I LOVE THIS!!! The colorful strawberries are perfectly stamped and the crochet berry embellishment is a great addition! This pad is so pretty I don't think I would ever use it - just put it some where that I can stare at it all day - but then I'd never get anything done! WOW! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, welcome back. We have missed you so much and glad to hear that you are almost 100%. Your notebook is so fabulous, I love the design and I think I must CASE this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - I love the green & red ribbon, papers - really everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are feeling better. LOVE your sweet note pad--the strawberries are perfect and the cheery colors are wonderful! Adore the fun ribbon treatment with the two colors and crocheted strawberry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay--you are back to crafting! What a great project. That strawberry is the perfect accent for that notebook. And, how fun to have the word 'note' run vertically down the actual notepad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Joyce, love that the word Notes is on the side. Beautifully put together and pinned! I made note pad covers for friends last year that said "I'd better write this down." I didn't know PTI had note pad sentiments and will check it out.

    So good to see you back up, feeling good, and inspiring again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to hear you're almost better! I can't believe it lasted that long :( So glad to see you back on my blog reader! I love that little handmade strawberry, that is pretty cool! And what a fun summery card right when winter is starting to peek out (we got snow last night!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you feel better! Must have been some bug. I love the notebook you made those sure are fun to make. The little strawberry from Cathy is adorable. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute notebook. Great idea. It has been a couple of weeks since I have posted anything also and it feels so good to actually post again. Glad to hear you are felling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful. I would love to get that notepad as a gift.

    ReplyDelete