Saturday, August 22, 2020

Creativity Inspired - Atlenew Sewing Contest 2020


Hello....popping in with my project for Altenew's Creativity Inspired Sewing Contest 2020!
  
I love to sew and can make just about anything (with a pattern). I can sit at my sewing machine for hours. When my bestie Joyce saw this challenge she sent me all the details and I could not wait to get started. I have been in a sewing contest since the Alameda County Fair back with I was in high school. So it has been a few years!

I used some left over natural colored canvas and a fat quarter from Cotton & Steel fabrics, all sewing supplies are from StoneMountain and Daughter Fabrics. I stamped poinsettia on the front using Modern Poinsettia Stamp and the tag inside is made with their Sewing Labels set. I used pink and gold beads to make it a bit festive. It is ready to fill with holiday treats for someone special. 





Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by....enjoy your day and please stay safe!


11 comments :

  1. This is a beautiful creation, and so professionally made. I love seeing you combine stamping and sewing, and you have knocked it out of the park with this bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is amazing Kim! There is no end to your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this is such a fantastic bag! The pointsettia looks fabulous and the bag and is so well constructed. You are so talented. Winning design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh well you rocked this! I just love love this-you are so creative x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow!!!!! This is just GORGEOUS!!! I am IN LOVE with it!!!!! I taught myself how to sew -- so I could NEVER make something like this!! lol!! I think I will stick to my quilts and pillows I make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim this is fabulous! This is so professional and festive looking. Your sewing skills truly are amazing. I so hope you win!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cute. I do love sewing. On quilts only though. I never learned to read a pattern. I wish I had taken lessons or knew someone that sewed. It's fun to sit at the machine for hours and then when you finally finish a project it's so fun to look at it. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful project, and it's fabulous with that Christmas theme! I too sew, but it seems to be a dying art -- I have taught all 3 of my daughters and 2 still sew, helping with frontline masks most recently :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought of you when I saw the challenge, Kim. That is such a wonderful bag and the beading adds a lot to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only sewing I do is on my cards. And even that has been a while. Beautiful festive bag!

    ReplyDelete