Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dynamic Duos #3

I love this weeks color combination, black and daffodil, they are so stunning together and really make beautiful cards...be sure to check out all of the cards that have been submitted to the Dynamic Duos blog for this weeks challenge, they are so inspiring!  I wanted to make a card for a sweet friend of mine who was afraid she was going to lose her job due to layoffs, so I went through my stamps and came across Botanical Silhouettes, it reminded me of being a kid and picking this type of "weed" and blowing on them to make wishes, I can't remember for the life of me what we called them but every time we saw one a wish was made.  I thought the Believe In Yourself sentiment from Script Sentiments was so perfect for what I was trying to say.  Thanks for taking a peek!



Ingredients
Solid Card Stock: PTI - Black, White and Lemon Tart
Ink: PTI - Lemon Tart and VersaFine - Black
Buttons: PTI - Lemon Tart
Stamp Sets: Botanical Silhouettes and Script Sentiments
Bakers Twine: unknown

11 comments :

  1. I think you may be thinking of dandelions. This is a stunning card, and perfect for your friend. I love how you have cut the focal point into squares. How on earth did you get everything lined up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kim, I love that stamp set and it works so well with this weeks colours. I love your mosiac, I need to try that sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the mosaic layout. I am sure your friend will appreciate it. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, Kim! Love the mosaic design which showcases the colors wonderfully. I know your friend will appreciate it very much. Thank you for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never had enough wind to blow out all of the fluffy parts either...don't know what they were called either! This is a beautiful card, love the colors you chose and a beautiful sentiment for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tile effect that you have created with your card. Thanks for playing along with the challenge at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - love the little windows and the black with the yellow - really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the clean, elegant design! That main image is beautiful in black and yellow! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful tiled look you have created here, your friend will love it. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so very thoughtful! Perfect combination of image and sentiment for your friend- and for the color challenge! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, and a beautiful sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete