Tuesday, June 12, 2012

One Card and Three Challenges

Don't your love it when you can use one card for a few fabulous challenges.  The first two are fairly new and the last one has been around for a bit...I just love to play along on all of them, too much fun.  Retro Sketches is so amazing and reminds me of some of my favorite TV shows, like I Love Lucy and the Dick Van Dyke show, then Dynamic Duos is fabulous and they put two great colors together that I usually would not pair up.  It is nice to think a bit outside the box and CAS-ual Fridays is for cards that have clean and simple look. For Dynamic Duos this week one of the colors is gray and at first I was a bit bummed, I don't use gray paper very often and just knew I did not have any.  I remembered that I did have my stash of Bazzil that I would use for scrapbooking and there it was a nice big piece of gray, enough to use to make my card.  My inspiration for this card not only comes for the two challenge blogs I have already listed, but also from Tracey McNeely.  When I saw her card today I fell in love with the big polka dots embossing for the background, it just screamed Retro to me. Here is my card and thanks for taking a peek!




CFC56


Ingredients
Solid Card Stock: PTI - Ivory and pink & gray from stash
Patterned Paper: Echo Park - Be Mine
Ribbon: PTI - Sweet Blush
Bling: SU
Stamps: PTI - Heart-2-Heart #1 & 2
Dies: PTI - Heart-2-Heart #1 and Mat Stack 4 Layerz
Ink: PTI - Hibiscus Burst and Close to my Heart Grey Wool




15 comments :

  1. Nicely done, Kim, and I see you remembered the doo-dads! I'm so happy you found that piece of gray. It's a perfect background for your adorable cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern paper you used! Great take on the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card Kim, great job combining the two challenges. That patterned paper is so fabulous as a background and you tied the PERFECT bow. Maybe you can show me how this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! Great take on both challenges! Love the bling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the polka dot background! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. Go enter it at CAS Friday, too--for the polka dots! You will win. I love pink and grey together, and your addition of the polka dotted paper just puts it over the top. Between you and Tracy, I have so many great ideas to case, to show my unused coffee cups some love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Kim and I think you did a perfect take on the sketch. Love that polka dot paper and the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card. I have enough trouble doing one card per challenge let along combining challenges. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet--you did a fantastic job with the sketch! Love those mega polka dots and your pretty bow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card! I love, love, love those jumbo polka dots! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun Birthday card, nice use of the colours. Thanks' for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo the big chunky polka dots are fun...cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the large dot spots! Fun card! Great job with the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did awesome with all the challenges! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays and Retro Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous!! love those large dots. :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at RetroSketches!

    ReplyDelete