Sunday, September 16, 2012

Four of a Kind - September Edition


Happy September! This is just the best time of the year, the trees start to change color and the air gets a bit crisp and it also means that Halloween is right around the corner...my favorite time of the year! Our hostess for this months Four of a Kind challenge is Cathy from Empty Nest Crafter and her kit is just amazing! I have been in love with the Waltzingmouse set she used for some time, it was fun to be able to play with a set I don't have.  Back In The Saddle is such a fun set even if you are not a country gal like me...I had so much fun and even learned how to tie a lasso (took me watching a YouTube video for about 10 times to get it right) for one of my card, it's one of the "self assembling" cards that Cathy included in my kit.  After having the time to play with the stamped images from this set, it is now at the top of my wish list! Be sure to check out the cards make by Cathy, Joyce and Renee too, I know they will be just wonderful! Next month is my turn at being the Hostess and I will be celebrating my favorite holiday

Photo Courtesy of Cathy







Ingredients
WMS - Back in the Saddle
Papers - On the Bright Side, Ride On, Lucky Girl and Cowboy Stripe

9 comments :

  1. What a wonderful collection of WMS goodness!! I love the warm rich colours, and these stamp sets - I actually don't own these ones! But christmas is around the corner, and I am starting my list for Santa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great cards!! I think the last two are my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used so many pieces of the kit Kim...I was so excited when I saw what you did with the kit. I love that you tied a lasso, love all the combinations of patterned paper and that you used the burlap and so many of the stamped sentiments. I need to watch that YouTube video on lasso tying! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're fabulous Kim!!
    Love the last 2 best...
    how you tied the "rope" and used the embellishments with that sentiment on the burlap...
    and your lasso!!
    I can't believe you watched a video to learn to tie one!!
    I don't know how to do it either...
    and it never crossed my mind that there would be a video out there somewhere! :)
    Fabulous cards from a fabulous kit!! :)
    Can't wait to see what we have for next month! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Kim. You made so many cards, and they are all great. I love that you learned to tie a lasso. Never even thought of that. And, you used that gingham ribbon, which I loved but didn't find a place for. I love how you put pearls on that pink hat and have it up top on the card--such a whimsical, feminine touch. And, your get well card--just perfect. Super great job this month. And, now, for October!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I cannot believe you went to learn to tie a lasso for your card...now THAT is COOL! You did so awesome with this kit, there are so many cards and I love something about each and every one! But my favorite is the one with the lasso...that was so creative, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kim your being a 'country gal' shines through on you stunning and so fun cards. Your lasso is fantastic and I think you creating it for your card is brilliant and that is my favourite, even though I love them all! I am adding that set to my WM wish list--it's getting bigger because of you girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You saved up all your Moe Joe for this jam-packed day, Kim! All five of your cards are spectacular! I can't decide which one I like best. I'm faving this post as a "go to" site if I ever need some country cards! How are the toes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you made so many with the great kit Cathy sent! Great job ,love them all. The second to the last one might be my favorite, and the pinkish one.

    ReplyDelete