Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Four of a Kind - April 2013




Welcome back to our Four of a Kind challenge...we have a few changes for what used to be our monthly challenge. The first one is that we have a new member, Marybeth from Marybeth's Time for Paper, I am sure most of you know her work. Marybeth is an amazing talented card maker so please give her a warm welcome and make her feel at home here. The next change is that Renee from It's a Patchwork Life will no longer be part of your little group, she has so many other crafty obligations that she needed to step down, she will be missed. The last change for our group is that instead of the posting cards monthly we have gone to quarterly, so our next post after this one will be August. 

This month I am the hostess and I had so much fun putting this kit together...I planned early to make sure I would be able to find everything I needed. I love the stamps from Paper Smooches and their Flap Happy set was the inspiration for my kit. I wanted to select colors that I rarely or never use and then I cam across Family Ties 6x6 patterned paper from Pebbles and everything else just seem to fall into place. I made 2 trips to Britex in San Francisco for the ribbon too, that is always a fun trip and one of the things I look forward to most when I am the hostess, this is my favorite place to shop for ribbon! 

I was able to get 6 cards made and one little project...thank you so much for taking time to stop by to peek at my cards! Be sure to stop by the other blogs to see what their twist was on the supplies. The links are listed at the end of my post. 






This last item is my project...I had a bunch of scraps laying on my craft desk and they just all seemed to fit and it reminded me of a notepad, so I cut a butterfly and added the stamped sentiment, Just a Note and it was finished, love when this happens!


Ingredients
Dies – Memory Box – Resting Birds and Grand Madison Window. My Favorite Things – Sentimental Flourish, Paper Smooches Duo Die, Cover Plate – Taylored Expressions – Floral
Stamps: Paper Smooches – Sentiment Sampler and Flap Happy
Card Stock: PTI – Spring Rain, Ivory, Brown, Simply Chartreuse, and Harvest Gold
Ink: PTI – Simply Chartreuse, Spring Rain, Harvest Gold and VersaFine – Vintage Sepia
Patterned Paper: Pebbles – Family Ties
Ribbon: Britex
Roses: Michaels
Buttons: PTI – Simply Chartreuse, Spring Rain and Harvest Gold
Baker’s Twine: The Twinery 




10 comments :

  1. oh my golly these cards rock!! i love them them all- i love the blue and yellow color combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, Kim, I bow to your awesome putting-together-a-kit talent ... I love the colours, the embellishments, the ribbon ... oh, all of it really! I also love every single card you've made to showcase it ... so completely stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow--you totally rocked your own kit. This was such a wonderful kit. Not only were the paper and the colors beautiful, but everything worked so perfectly well together. There are so many beautiful ideas here that I just love--the way you used the window--CASE--your focus on the patterned paper in your second card, your cover plate background(duh, I didn't figure this one out until now!). I can't name everything, but I think you get my drift. My fave is the tilted card with the birdhouse--brilliant. And, what a sweet notebook you made. I hope you keep that one for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your cards are all just fabulous Kim! First off the scene you created with your first card, love the wainscoting and the birdhouses our that window--perfect. All of the sweet butterflies and the floral coverplate--to die for (LOL). I love your notebook too, nice to finish off with a project. Hmm...I think I have those papers too so I can CASE! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim this Kit was so full of amazing! You sure outdid your self here. Loved the flowers you sent and the way you used them on your window card. Gorgeous! Love the striped paper on that one too. The card with the branch coming out turned out just perfect! You rocked all these cards. I only use that word for you :) The tall card does look like a notepad and thats what I thought it was…Love that tall shape for a card. Thank you again for a beautiful kit! I hope I can measure up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always send the most amazing kits...
    it's probably what I miss the most...
    those kits...
    you always put so much thought into them and this month is maybe my favorite so far...
    I'm dying over those papers!!
    And you created such fabulous cards with it...
    I think I love the diagonal and the last butterfly the most...
    love the way you mixed the papers...
    they're gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kim...you need to use your angled card for the PTI blog hop! It is perfect for it. I totally enjoyed your kit this month, the break between kits really made me look forward to it and I do really create more with lots of things already in front of me to use! I love your notepad...such a cute idea and neat that it was made from scraps and I also really love the card with the little yellow banner. I am totally loving banners these days. Thank you so much for a wonder April kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely set of cards. The kit you sent everyone looks awesome. I love the thank you card and the way you arranged the pattern papers on the hello card is awesome. Love the bird perched on that sentiment too. the ribbon is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, these are beautiful! Your ability to mix & match colors, patterns, and design elements is amazing! Every single detail is placed just perfectly on your cards. The "hugs" card with the gingham banner and stitched button is my absolute fav!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I happened to see this month's "4 of a Kind" post over at Marybeth's and am now hopping late. I can't begin to imagine how I missed this last week. You did a magnificent job putting this kit together, Kim! Such wonderful colors and pieces. Your creations are each one more amazing than the one before!!

    ReplyDelete