Tuesday, November 19, 2013

25 Days of Christmas Tags '13 with Tracey


Tracey McNeely was so sweet as invite me to play along for day 2 of her 25 Days of Christmas Tags.  I know all of you know Tracey from In My Creative Opinion but just in case you have been living under a rock, here is the link to her amazing blog.  This is Tracey's 3rd year making tags so if you are short on inspiration for getting your holiday tags put together, grab a nice hot cup of cocoa (seems right for this time of year...not something I would drink so I would have a cup of tea or coffee) and browse her blog!  
I have always loved the look of Santa's suit so I decided to fashion my tag after one.  I used Tag Sale #5 for my tag and had to come up with a way to make the white fur that goes down the center of Santa's suit a bit fluffy...so I pulled out some shimmer card stock that has been floating around for months unused to give it a smidge of sparkle and shine (I know it is hard to see in my photo) and for the fluffy, I cut strip from loop-de-loop.  Thank you so much for taking time to stop by to peek at my tag and Tracey, thank you again for asking me to play along...this was so much fun! 


Ingredients - all Papertrey Ink unless listed
Solid Card Stock: White, Black, Shimmer White and Joann's - Silver
Dies: Tag Sale #5 and Loop-de-Loop, Taylored Expressions - Buckles and Lil Inkers: Stitched Rectangles
Ribbon: Britex

19 comments :

  1. This is seriously the cutest tag ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not be any cuter...love the loopy border and you have to tell me how you did that center strip? Too early in the morning for me to figure it out! Great job Kim...how fun to play along with Tracey's annual Tag event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this creative and cute Santa tag Kim. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your little Santa tag on Tracey's blog Kim, very CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this on Tracey's blog and had to come and tell you that I love it, Kim! SOOOOO creative!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Kim, this is completely adorable ... what a fantastic Santa suit tag ... the loop de loop is inspired! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim--you are a genius. This is so cute, and you really thought of everything. What a great idea for a tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very cool tag Kim, I loeo that Santa suit and I must CASE you. Thank you so much for joining in as my guest! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so stinkin' adorable...
    eeekkkk!!!
    I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kim...you've done it again! This little Santa suit tag is adorable. I can just hear squeals of delight from little ones who see this on their package! Just love this. Darn clever. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. So creative & adorable, Kim! No wonder Tracey had you do a tag for her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a clever tag. Love it., - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  13. FANTABULOUS my crafty friend!!! You never cease to amaze me with your ingenuity!! :) :)
    This tag is perfect and flawless and just DARN CUTE!! :) :) xo

    ReplyDelete