Wednesday, February 5, 2014

1 Card for Wednesday and a pot of soup....


Yeah....it is Wednesday, only 2 more days until the weekend and some more crafty time!  I have one card to share today and it is for this week's CASology, the cue card is "and".  I thought and thought what to do and could not come up with anything different, so I asked my kids at school, they are just so smart and came up with so many fabulous ideas but I decided to go with "Rock & Roll", it is what I always say when it is time to go, "let's rock and roll" so it is perfect for my card. Plus my daughter and I love rock music and this will be a great card for one of her friends.  I clear embossed guitars on the stitched rectangle, I know it is a bit difficult to see in my photo's but I do love the look.  




I also made a big pot of soup for my best buddy at work, she had surgery last week and she will be out for a couple of weeks and I know she loves this soup from Olive Garden, Zuppa Tuscana and this would give her family a night off from cooking. I made sure to make enough for me too.  It will be a long couple of weeks working her hours too but then on the bright side, more money for stamps! Thank you so much for taking time to stop by...enjoy the rest of your week.


Ingredients
Solid Card Stock: PTI - White and Shimmer Black
Dies: PTI - Headlines Alphabet and Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles
Ampersand: Lucy
Ink: VersaFine - Black
Stamps: MFT - Playlist



16 comments :

  1. Kim is this card not totally 100% you my friend, do the Foo Fighters pop out when you open it. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, students can be excellent sources of inspiration, as your young 'uns revealed here as inspiration for your rock 'n roll card. You've reminded me of our lead Sherpa, when we did a trek in Nepal (I still can't believe we did that...I am *such* a home-body and trip was a stretch beyond stretch, and then some, out of my comfort zone!), who had some great phrases, one of which was "Let's rocks and rolls." Given where we were, fitting...Anyway, your card is fabulous! How sweet you are to make soup for your friend: thoughtful, heart-warming - for the body and the spirit! I'm not a soup fan, however, this is looking rather tempting. Perhaps a treat for my husband (I'll be searching for the recipe tomorrow - with a forecast of -34C it may be *the* perfect supper). So glad I visited - always a treat!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card for CASology--very clever take on the cue word, and great card design. And, that soup looks really good. I think I will need the recipe. It looks hearty enough to be a meal, although I could not tell anyone in my house that it was from Olive Garden. The food snobs would rebel. You are so sweet to make such a wonderful soup for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card. Very bold and graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is perfect for Casology Kim! That soup looks really yummy - I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very fun card- love the black and white

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smile when I saw your card....so you! Love this wonderful CAS card. The soup looks delicious. You are so kind and sweet to make this for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card - perfect for a teen! And that soup looks awesome - you're a good friend! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soup looks yummy--what a sweet friend you are! Your card is absolutely brilliant, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool, Kim ... and so fun ...great subtle background! Your soup looks so mouthwateringly delicious ... how lovely of you ... your friend will be over the moon delighted! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, I make that soup too. Thanks for the reminder - haven't made it in a while. Great card, especially nice touch with the embossed background Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! And that soup looks yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Kim ... I popped back to smell the aroma of that wonderful soup again ... well, that and to say congratulations on your HM at CASology ... yay! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eeep! How in the world did I miss this post?! Last week was more cray-cray than I thought! This is outstanding and wowza on the soup, too!! Congratulations on the honor of an HM from CASology so I could find your card in the winner's gallery there! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. SUPER cool -CONGRATS on your HM Kim!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cool card !!!
    You are rocking a ton of WINs!!!
    & HMs !!!
    You go girl !!!!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete