Saturday, February 1, 2014

6 cards for Saturday...


Happy Saturday...hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend.  I spent the morning stamping with my mom and introduced her to Washi Tape, you would have thought I invented penicillin! She had a blast and so did I.  My sweetie found me this really cool collection of Washi Tape complete with dispenser at Costco for $20, I was complaining that I thought is was a bit pricey but both my mom and sister thought it was a great deal.  We had so much fun and finished up close to a dozen cards between us and then headed for lunch. Once home I made my purple card for this week's CASology...purple is not a color I really like or use much. Not sure why, just not my thing. I do know many people how love it and my sister is one for them, maybe I should have made this into a birthday card for her...hmmmm, might just have to make another one.  Thank you so much for stopping by to peek at my cards...have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

my mom showing off her first Washi Tape card

Costco Washi Tape Dispenser





Once I got home I decided to add a bit of sequins and enamel dots to some of my cards



Ingredients
Solid Card Stock: PTI - White
Stamps: PTI - Snowflake Flurries and PS - Sentiments
Ink: PTI - Winter Wisteria and Royal Velvet
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles

17 comments :

  1. Fabulous cards Kim, I love all the sequins. Looks like you head a good time today,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome dispenser that!
    And great inspiration to me to use that forgotten washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards! your mom is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what fabulous washi cards, Kim ... what a fun time you all had ... and what a sweet sweetie you have! Purple's not really my colour either, but I love the card you've made ... the shades are wonderful, here's so much glorious white space and the scattering of sequins is perfect! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky...not many people get to share their hobby/obsession with their mom's! I love your washi tape dispenser...bet it was fun to use all those pretty tapes. My favorite...the Hello Friend card...love the large and the small panels on it and your favorite Halloween colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHH-MAZZING series of cards, Kim! I have two rolls of washi, and still haven't done them justice, but you...oh, my! Your cards are clean, graphic, eye-catching, striking! LOVE them all x 1000000!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh now I want to play too Kim! I love all your cards - they are all so clean and packed with color. And your sweetie?? - give that man a big smooch! I love that dispenser and think it was so sweet that he thought of you - and yes! it's a great deal too! You have to just KNOW I'm digging the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice, to be crafting with your Mom! Beautiful Washi tape cards you made! I like the clean and fresh look of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all fantastic. I love those washi tapes you got (need to get some myself) and your layouts are just perfect to show them off. I'll be casing these for sure--you now how I love a good, simple design. And, your purple thank you card for CASology is fantastic. I love that Snow Flurries set, and the placement of each stamp is just perfect. Thanks so much for overcoming your fear of purple to play along with CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your washi tape cards and the dispenser. How fun that you get to craft with your mom! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing, Kim! It's got to be a blast crafting with your mom like that! My sister and I get together when we can, and do the same thing. Your cards are wonderful. CAS, and just beautiful. So full of color and fun. Love them all! Have a great rest of your Sunday. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK--this post should be in the dictionary next to Washi! I'm pinning it as now I see cards I could actually make with Washi which sits unused in my drawer. How wonderful to have a family cardmaking day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards---love the simple but colorful designs! And how wonderful to be able to share your hobby with your mom--glad you all had a great day. And how sweet that hubby bought you such a sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great washi cards - the designs on the tape really get to shine. Love your purple card - it has a great. fun energy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am no longer wishy-washi about Washi tape! These creations are fabulous! Your projects are all so gloriously clean and simple....makes me want to rush right over to Costco and snap up one of those Washi dispensers! Well worth the $20!

    You are so fortuante to have your mom close by and to spend a day crafting with her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwwww!! Sweet that you are able to work w. Your mom !!
    I love washi tape, too!!
    It's addictive !!
    Your cards are all superb!!!

    ReplyDelete