Sunday, July 8, 2012

Papertrey Ink - Make It Monday #73 - Stamping on Patterned Paper and CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #60 - Text Me

I know my card is a bit late for this weeks MIM challenge,but not too late to play along . With doing all the planning and organizing for summer school my brain has run dry on creativity.  I was really looking forward to this weekend to play check up on a bunch of challenges...so happy I have no other plans.  On this card the paper I used to stamp is PTI's Fall Prints and Patterns, I decided to use a piece of paper that was lighter in color and stamped with PTI's Linen Ink and I was very happy with the way it turned out. I used the Background Basics Newsprint for the first time and was so amazed at how each paper section just lined up so perfectly, note to self, use this set more often. After finishing up my card I realized that it worked for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge too, love it when this happens! So here is my card...thanks for taking a peek!


cfc60

Ingredients
Solid Card Stock: PTI - Rustic White
Patterned Paper: PTI - Fall Prints and Patterns
Stamps: PTI - Warm Happiness & Additions and Background Basics Newsprint
Dies: PTI - Warm Happiness
Ink: VersaFine - Vintage Sepia and PTI - Fine Linen
Twine: The Container Store


17 comments :

  1. Fantastic Kim, I love that you used BB Newsprint it makes such a subtle background. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Kim! I love fall and coffee on a cool fall morning and that is what your card reminds me of. Its just adorable right down to the twine … LOVE It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those warm colors are just perfect for your inviting coffee card!

    (I can't believe you don't like chocolate! Especially with the word cupcakes in your banner, LOL! I wish I didn't like it quite SO much!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card. I love that newsprint background, and those paper pieced coffee cups are just the cutest. So glad you were able to combine those challenges and play just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the feel of this card . . . the colors, the sentiment . . . all very inviting. Great Job !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card Kim. Glad you were able play along. Such a lovely sentiment being with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the color combo and the fabulous newspaper text! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Kim! The colour combo is great and the coffee cups stamped on patterned paper is perfect! - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that BB: newsprint! So glad you could join us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fabulous!!
    Love that newsprint against that patterned paper...
    and the colors are fantastic!
    Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, Kim! The combination of stamping on the patterns and layering the die cuts makes for so much visual interest. Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card! Isn't it fun when a card works for more than one challenge! Love how your sentiment looks on the newsprint and your paper pieced cups are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yous stamping on patterned paper is fantastic, Kim! I love the warm and rustic feel of this card. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's such a warm and evocative card. It just makes you want to be there. LOVELY job! (And now I really need that newsprint!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful text, Kim!! What a great card...couldn't agree more with the sentiment:)!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very nice! I especially love the subtle text/newspaper background - it's the perfect effect! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim, I love your card just as much as the one that was made-over - your card is just different. I love the leaf print on the cup, it's random and awesome! I love the open space . . . the cups floating over the newsprint like they are in someone's hands and not sitting down waiting to be discovered. The colors are terrific, the pattern paper peaking from behind the newsprint (our lives, in fact - peaking out from behind our busy-ness). Ok. Just had to give you my feedback. I saw the video about the make-over and I get it - but I love your card just the way it is!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete