Friday, August 31, 2012

Retro Sketches Challenge #26 and my toes...

Happy Friday! I am so excited to have a three day weekend...so much time to play with all of my wonderful stamps, I am really looking forward to this.  I'm getting my card for this week's Retro Sketch challenge just under the wire. It was been a crazy week and I just happy to say that I did get my card made and photographed.  I fell going up the stairs in my house and broke two toes on my left foot, the second and fourth to be exact.  My slippers were too big and I was also carrying a cup of coffee upstairs and I did not want to spill on the carpet so I was not too worried about my feet.  Needless to say that I did end up spilling a few drops of coffee and now I get to wear this high fashion shoe that I know all of you are very jealous of. Anyway, back to my card...I decided to keep with the Halloween theme for this card and use my new Spooky Sweets II dies and I was so happy to get it stamped right on my first try.  Thanks for taking a peek and I wish you a fabulous holiday weekend!




Ingredients
Solid Card Stock: PTI - White, Orange Zest and Black
Patterned Paper: PTI - Halloween Prints
Stamps: PTI - Spooky Sweets II
Dies: PTI - Spooky Sweets II
Ribbon: Britex Fabrics
Buttons: PTI - Orange Zest
Baker's Twine: Stash

18 comments :

  1. Great Halloween card, Kim! I love that witch die!!

    So sorry to hear you broke two toes! Hope you don't have to wear the boot for too long. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you broke your toes, I know how much that hurts!

    Love your Halloween card and fun paper . Have fun crafting and keep your foot up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having had three foot surgeries, I am all too familiar with those lovely blue shoes! Cute card, I love that striped paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kim. I'm so sorry about your toes. That is terrible. Good thing you don't craft with your feet, as I would hate to see you down for the count with that. Wishing you a speedy recovery, and little pain. Your card is wonderful. I really love that witch, and she looks great flying off of that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week.

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom told me your news today . . . your trendy shoe is way better than the one I had to wear. I would suggest trimming back those straps, you might trip on them . . . they are hecka long. Great job on the card, always love your Halloween stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kim! I am so sorry about your foot! I had to wear those awesome shoes - years ago I had a double bunionectomy...so both feet had boots. I hope you heal quickly!

    Your card is awesome. I am jealous of everyone who has started Halloween cards already!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, Kim! I hope your toes heal soon! But at least you can enjoy wearing that stylish boot for a little while. :)
    Your Halloween card is fantastically fun! I'm loving that witch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, So sorry to hear about your toes. Take it easy and heal fast! Love the card! The die cuts and DSP are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Halloween card--love the popped up witch! Sorry to hear about your foot! Hope you don't have to wear your fashionable footwear too long!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card! That paper is delicious and your focal point really shines! I'm so sorry about your foot. I hope that you're getting lots of TLC with cups of coffee BROUGHT to you at the mo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Halloween card. Sorry to hear about your toes. Hope they heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! Wishing you a speedy recovery & yes, I really need to get me a pair of those 'shoes' lol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Halloween card! Especially the witch on the white panel. Kind of reminds me of a moon that she's flying in front of, but a really fancy moon. Best of luck hobbling around. Hope it's not too much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Halloween card! I just got these dies too and hope to play with them this weekend. So sorry to hear about your foot. I broke my baby toe a couple years ago and it is not fun!!! Hope yours heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great Halloween card ~ a perfect witch image! Hope you are healing and not in too much pain. You probably need more crafting time to take your mind off of your broken toes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim I do not know how I missed this post. You poor things it is so tough when they can't do much for a broken toe. Just rest. :) Your card is just fantastic, loved the paper and the silhouette witch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so sorry about your tootsies! Darn steps! Maybe this will give you more time to create? Gotta be an upside somewhere! Beautiful Halloween card - love that witch!

    ReplyDelete