Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lawnscaping #45 and ColourQ #162 Challenges

I'm so excited to have tomorrow off from work, it means I can stay up late and be creative and also leave some love on all the blogs I follow, after being sick I got so far behind.  I started making this card for the Lawnscaping Challenge this week, "Dust 'em Off" thanks to Joyce from Cards-by-the-Sea for the little nudge to play along. I only have one Fawn Lawn stamp set so it make it very easy to play, it has been sitting around collecting dust for some time so it works perfect for the challenge.  I love the different glasses in this set and thought it would go so well with the Happy Birthday Eye Chart from Technique Tuesday.  Not sure what colors to use so I thought I would play along with ColourQ this week too...once I got started with the glasses I remembered I has a pair of metal glasses that were in a pack of Santa buttons, the perfect little touch.  Thanks for taking a peek!



Ingredients
Solid Card Stock: PTI - White, Pure Poppy and Lemon Tart
Stamps: Fawn Lawn - Clear to Sea and Technique Tuesday - Birthday Eye Chart
Ink: PTI - Kraft, SU - Real Red and VersaFine - Vintage Sepia
Eye Glasses: Stash


17 comments :

  1. Beautiful card and love the mini glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous!! :)
    Those little mini glasses are the PERFECT touch!
    And I haven't even been sick but am SO far behind...
    maybe today will see me catching up just a bit! :)
    Hope you're feeling better...
    and are able to get lots of crafty time!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this card, and so glad that you are playing with me at Lawnscaping. Funny--I bought that eye chart stamp to go along with those glasses, and then haven't done it yet. So, thanks for the reminder--I'm going to pin this card and try one for myself. That pair of tiny glasses is the perfect extra touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Kim, love those glasses and the reading chart too. My daughter is having an eye exam tomorrow and I think glasses may be in her future. These would be great sets to make her a card. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so fun! How cool that you've got eyeglasses and an eye chart! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this--it's such a fun card! The eye chart goes so perfectly with the background of glasses. And the mini glasses are so cute--an adorable accent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, love those little glasses!! Great job with the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card, Kim, love the eye chart and those tiny glasses! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great and I love the way you used the colors. Such a creative card! I have that stamp.
    You made me laugh out loud when I read your comment about the walnuts . It still makes me smile. Thanks!
    Your chart for this card is perfect, enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The eye chart is so clever! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card! It's so fun! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooooo cool and clever! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this card came out great! thank you for playing a long with lawnscapings!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh so fun! thank you for joining us at the colourQ ; )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your BIG win ! Mrs. Queen!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete