Thursday, April 17, 2014

Four of a Kind - April Edition



Hello, seems like it was just Christmas and now Easter is right around the corner and it is time again for our Four of a Kind post. This month was my turn to be the hostess and I have to say that even though this is my kit, I just love it. I love nothing better than meeting up with friends for a spot of tea and scones or getting caught up with an old friend over a cup of coffee. So I went with this theme for my kit and even threw in a little project, making a sweet tea caddy. I took a class from a SU rep and learned how to make them some time back, they make really sweet gifts filled with tea and a new mug.
This quarter we have a guest posting with us, Tracey McNeely from In My Creative Opinion...if you don't know who she is you have been living under a rock or on another planet, but I am sure most of you do know of her and her amazing CAS cards. Thank you so much Tracey for being part of our group this time around. Be sure to check out all the amazing cards at every one's blog, the links are listed below my cards.
I have 6 cards to share today and one is for the current challenge over at Retro Sketches. I have to share a sweet little coin purse that I made using these dies from PTI. Marybeth from Marybeth's Time for Paper was so kind to cut out a bunch of felt using her dies, I really think I could sit all day and stitch these little cuties up. The possibilities are endless and now I can wait for my dies and felt to arrive in the mail.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to stop by, enjoy the rest of your week and have a blessed Easter.

April's Kit












PTI's Coin Purse

Ingredients
Card Stock: SU – Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Ivory PTI – Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, White, Canyon Clay
Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey – RSVP
Ink: SU – Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, Baked Brown Sugar, VersaFine – Black
Stamps: Reverse Confetti – Be a Barista, The Alley Ways Stamps – Breakfast Club and Paper Smooches – Cyber CafĂ©
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Speech Bubbles, Reverse Confetti – Tag Me
Ribbon: Britex
Bakers Twine: The Twinery
Buttons: PTI – Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse
Cuttlebug:  Embossing Folder - Swirls

24 comments :

  1. Such a lovely variety of creations Kim! I just love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun!
    love those speech bubbles! i love that sketch - might have to give that one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards ate all so much fun Kim. What a great kit. Love the coin purse as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous collection of cards Kim, each and every one is so unique. The speech bubbles were so fun to work with in those bright colours.. Your combined elements in ways I didn't even think of. That tea caddy is so cute (I'll get mine figured out ;) Thank you so much again for asked my to guest this month, I loved the kit and I loved playing along with you all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that is what a tea caddy is "supposed" to look like! I can't believe I screwed mine up despite all the instructions and you supplying me with all the paper pre-cut...yours is adorable and I love the pretty teapot die cut on it too. You made some adorable cards too Kim...my favorite is the one with the three mugs and speech bubbles together. Then again, the one with the coffee rings is really good too! Thank you so much for the really great kit...you must have worked so hard to make this kit for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing cards Kim. I haven't been around much but trying to catch up on some of my favorite card makers. You cards are all so cute. And beautiful coin purse. Those are so cute, but I am just not a sewer even with something as easy as it looked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Moly Roly Poly, Kim!!! You have outdone your own self with your own kit of magic! These cards and that little adorable coin purse are just over-the-moon delightful!! Thank you for all the brilliant inspiration!! Happy Easter! See you Monday! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, Kim, but this is a gallery of delight in every way! You designed a fabulous kit around coffee/tea and time with friends, and your cards certainly reflect the charm of such occasions! Your 'six" of "four of a kind" *grin* are each so fresh and unique, and the change purse as the finale is simply darling x amazing! I'm going back for more gazing and admiring...these are simply fabulous and smile making (of the mega-watt variety!) Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, what a brilliant kit you put together ... and what fabulous cards you've made! Great use of the DP ... I love the steaming coffee mug ... sooo cool! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are definitely the "Hostess with the Mostest"...talent, creativity, ingenuity.....

    Fab projects...but hey, anything coffee is #1 in my books! Great mix of colors and great mix of elements! A stunning display of your artistic prowess! The felt purse....well what can I say other than YOWZERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set of cards Kim! I'm always amazed at how you all make such different cards with the same supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for such a fabulous kit...
    I love coffee so this one was FUN!!
    Loved the papers, elements...
    just loved it all!
    And what a gorgeous collection...
    LOVE that Espresso card...it's perfect!
    And the tag card...
    love it...
    and the sweet die cut on the caddy!
    Seriously...
    serious CASE material here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! These are amazing, Kim! Love them all. I see a few sketches I want to try. So....is that coin purse easy or what? Love your final look, but I am still on the fence with getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic kit, Kim--your projects are all fabulous! Great use of all the wonderful papers and I love the speech bubbles done in different colors. I adore the sweet little tea caddy and your felt purse. Looks like they would be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want a cup of coffee now! What a fun kit! Your tea box is a great idea. Love the cards with the tags on it. I think I have those and never used them yet.
    The stitching on your coin purse is perfect MS:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards! Love ur little coin purse!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome projects! I forgot that I started following you, when I found your Christmas Four-of-a-Kind post. I love that idea of sharing goodies with crafty friends. Your kit looks like so much fun and I want to try that tea-caddy idea. Off to check out the other gals' posts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! Love everything you made, Kim! Hope you had a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry it has taken me so long to visit and comment (although I do confess to a very early on reveal morning peek on my phone) couldn't resist. Well, I am not surprised to see that you totally rocked this kit--even if you did send me the self assembling cards (btw, thanks for that!) I love them all, and cannot pick a favorite, but I will say that it was clever, creative and brilliant to have all your sentiments on speech bubbles like you did. Loved that about your kit--in addition to everything else about your kit I loved. And, I will look forward to you coming over and helping me put together that tea caddy--which must be harder than it looks (I hope).

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful hostess you are! I was drooling at that pic with all the fab ingredients, and some of my fave paper from Basic Grey! You made so many great things I really loved seeing them all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! you got a TON out of this little box of goodies. I'm loving all the speech bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun post. I adore the hello.com card. Coin purse, seriously! Thank you for sharing. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun selection of cards! Great to see all the happy colours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun selection of cards! Great to see all those happy colours.

    ReplyDelete